Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Looking forward to 2015!

With 2015 upon us, it is time to start thinking about races and goals. Most of us started this process at the end of last year, but there are many who haven't even thought about it.

I have already set my goals for 2015 and chosen the races that will help me achieve them. Some of you are wondering what I mean by "the races that will help me achieve those goals."? The races I have picked to be"A" races will help me reach my #1 goal in 2015, which is to qualify for 70.3 Worlds in Austria and 70.3 Worlds in Mooloolaba. If the race isn't an "A" race then it is a "B" or "C" and has been chosen to ensure it doesn't interfere with me reaching the ultimate goal of getting to 70.3 worlds. Too many athletes pack their race schedules and never take into consideration how each race may have a negative impact on their main goal. Also, if you are coached make sure to run your schedule by your coach. They are there to help with your season planning and should be able to identify scheduling conflicts with races, training, and recovery. If they are not willing to help you or just accept it without any discussion then it might be time to hire another coach.

I know there are those out there that just like to race and that is ok. However, if you are out to improve your race results, qualify for various events, etc... make sure you map out your season in a way it will help you reach those goals!

My Race Schedule
Badger Cove Half Marathon
70.3 St. George
70.3 Boise
ITU Worlds Chicago
Life Time Tempe
70.3 Austin





No comments:

Post a Comment